Building Materials Forum
Sunday 23rd August 2.00 – 4.00pm
Arthur’s Creek Mechanic’s Institute Hall
The extent of damage caused by the fires in February was enormous, and new building regulations were quickly adopted relating to the use of bushfire resistant materials in fire prone areas.
The regulations primarily relate to assessing residential dwellings for a Bushfire Attack Level and then constructing them of materials to suit.
The fourth co-operative venture between the Strathewen and St Andrews Rebuilding groups will be a forum for people who are thinking about rebuilding and who are looking for information and advice regarding construction materials and their suitability in bushfire prone areas.
Suppliers of various types of materials will present information on their products. Presentations will include:
· Nillumbik Mud Brick Association. The association will present information on earth brick wall construction.
· AMCER Earth Wall Technologies. Rob Freeland, a local supplier of pressed earth bricks will present on Earth Walls and his submission to the Bushfires Royal Commission.
· Boral Bricks. Boral will present information on their clay fired brick products.
· Boral Concrete Products. Boral will present information on their concrete block and paving products.
· Paul Ryan from Timbercrete will present information on their range of products. – http://www.timbercrete.com.au/index.htm
The forum will consist of a short presentation from each presenter with question time after, and then the opportunity to speak in small round table groups with presenters.
A range of questions will be answered with particular attention paid to:
· Suitability of construction products for use in Bushfire Prone Areas
If there’s something you want to know which isn’t on the list simply include these questions with your RSVP and we will endeavour to provide the information you need. Let your neighbors know and please let us know how many are coming so we can cater.
Afternoon tea is provided afterwards which provides a chance to speak with other residents going through the same process.