Plumbing (Septic & Heating) Forum
Sunday 9th August 2.00 – 4.00pm
St Andrews Hall
Rebuilding after the fires includes much more than simply the construction of new buildings to replace those lost. One of the more important areas that needs to be addressed is plumbing, especially waste management (septic tanks etc.) and water collection and heating.
The second co-operative venture between the Strathewen and St Andrews Rebuilding groups will be a forum for people who are thinking about rebuilding and who are looking for information and advice on plumbing aspects of rebuilding.
Presentations will include:
· Nillumbik Council’s Health Department. Presentation will cover requirements for waste disposal systems
· Gary Flood of the Enter Shop in Eltham. Gary will cover various waste disposal and water heating products and technologies available, including information on rebates where applicable.
· Rory Fort, a local green plumber. Rory will cover aspects of green sustainable plumbing.
The forum will consist of a short presentation from each presenter with question time after, and then the opportunity to speak in small round table groups with presenters.
A range of questions will be answered with particular attention paid to:
· Water Efficiency in your new home
· Permits and Site Requirements for Waste Systems
If there’s something you want to know which isn’t on the list simply include these questions with your RSVP and we will endeavour to provide the information you need. Let your neighbors know and please let us know how many are coming so we can cater.
Afternoon tea is provided afterwards which provides a chance to speak with other residents going through the same process.
RSVP to Karl Apted 0418350345 firstname.lastname@example.org